DEFINITION: XIVO, A FREE IPBX
- XiVO is an unified communications software system licensed under the GPLv3,GNU General Public License.
- The graphical user interface (GUI) provides an interface for configuring, controlling, and managing the IP PBX software. The XiVO Distro includes packages that offer these features: Voice over IP, PBX, Fax, voice mail and unified messaging. XiVO is based on the free software Asterisk and the XiVO Linux distribution is based on Debian Wheezy.
HISTORY ABOUT XIVO AND AVENCALL
- XiVO was created in 2005 as an open-source, collaborative project from Proformatique, a company in France.
- In 2010, Avencall, a French leader in the publishing and integration of open unified communications solutions, merged with Proformatique (XiVO). Avencall wanted to pursue a vision that would reinforce XiVO's strong points : technical development, commercial features, IT solutions. Avencall became the first provider of free VoIP solutions in France, with thousands of users deployed and 350 customers such as LDC, Groupama, la Poste, l'Olympique Lyonnais.
- Avencall is also specialized in contact center solutions with its XiVO-CC open source software suite.
- Avencall, based in France, has offices in Lyon (HQ), Paris, Toulouse, Rennes, Aix-en-Provence and Strasbourg. Most of its research and development is in Quebec-city, Canada.
INSTALL AND TRY XIVO
- The XiVO ISO and XiVO client can be downloaded from this main page http://xivo.io.
TUTORIALS FROM THE COMMUNITY
- Updated tutorials from the community are available on the community documentation page.
- Video on the history of XiVO, the community and how to try XiVO here:
- XiVO provides online repositories that contain software packages. The latest release is documented and updated every 3 weeks. Access to the documentation.
- Notable changes in the last release include : bookmarks for contacts, synchronisation between servers, management of function keys via REST API, new authentification and encryption framework, upgrade to Asterisk 13.
EVENTS AND AWARDS
- Open Source events:
- 2010, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Solutions Linux
- 2009 and 2011 Libre Software Meeting
- 2011 FOSDEM, Free and Open Source Software Developers' European Meeting, 2011 Open Hardware Summit
- 2012 Adullact, Linux Tag, Open World Forum
- 2012 and 2014 Astricon , 2012 and 2014 Hackfest Quebec.
- 2013 RRLL
- 2015 Barcamp about VoIP open source and Mumble, POSS Paris Open Source Summit